Power Windows

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I have been researching power windows and I ran across this kit on Amazon.

It basically electrically operates the manual window crank. It looks pretty interesting, especially for the price.

Here is the link

Also, this guy installs it in his pickup. I wonder if it would clear the factory door panel.

I might give it a try for $60 bucks. Thoughts?

Looks interesting, for $60 might be worth trying out. I would not install it completely until I tried it first. I am sure they designed it using smooth operating manual windows and I have yet to see a real smooth operating manual window in an old car.

Under specifications: "Mechanical life expectancy: 1 Year" ?!!! I don't want to toss 60.- a year.

I would see if replacement gears are availible . I would think gears may strip with the amount of force needed .

th?id=OIP.jpg

Would finding some OEM parts off a junker be a better option? This could be worth it with Amazon's 30 return policy

I like to use the power windows to put the window down, but rotate my shoulder like I'm cranking it down manually... :lol:

A friend was building a 36 Dodge street rod. The gear on the power window motor in his doner car (Cordoba) was the same tooth count and pitch. He drilled a couple holes and made a simple bracket and POOF! Power windows in his sedan.

A friend was building a 36 Dodge street rod. The gear on the power window motor in his doner car (Cordoba) was the same tooth count and pitch. He drilled a couple holes and made a simple bracket and POOF! Power windows in his sedan.

That's my plan! Lol. The tooth gear on the ram motor should be the same.

-
Back