PPG Base/clear paints online??

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What's up with PPG prices. Gallon Hemi Orange almost $500.00 bucks? Last tine I bought this it was half that price. Now I see that TCP global has their own line of paint. I called and they told me it was because of PPG pricing and that their paint and clear is as good if not better than the PPG?? Anybody here deal with this stuff lately? I know the EPA sometimes has a lot to do with this and it even gets fine tuned from state to state. I want to b uy a real good quality Hemi Orange Poly paint in the base/clear system. Do I have to go for the PPG, or are these other brands as good? I let a body shop shoot a clear on a car years ago, and it yellowed in a year. PPG has always stayed crisp. Any body guys out there. I know the PPG Hemi Orange Poly I last used has a very fine metallic in it that really shines in the sun. That is what I am looking for. Help???

we have a painter that comes in to work he getts his paint from cali. take a week to ship we are in ohio but the price is right

I needed to paint my trunk lid on my Duster recently and went to NAPA and they used a color scanner to match up the color on my car. I got a quart of paint manufactured by Dupont and the price I paid for the paint, clear and reducer was $180.00 + tax. The color is almost a perfect match and if you did not know that I had the trunk lid painted you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I was told I could have purchased a gallon for $360.00

All the major paint companies PPG, Dupont, etc......... raise their prices every January or February. The increase can be from 1% to 12% no matter what.

I'm sure those other off brand of paint work fine, I'm just kinda partial to PPG.

PPG is very user friendly, and very good products. I have used other paints in the past, Dupont, House of Kolor, Sikkens, BASF to name a few, I've been doing this for 23 years, but I prefer PPG. Just my 2 cents

-
Back