PPG Delfleet opinions needed

-

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
Have you ever used Delfleet to seal the underside of your car after abrasive blasting, and if so, how did you like it? Think it will last for a long time?

It’s way better than a rattle can. But why look for cheap products over top quality?

why not use PPG DP epoxy primer? It comes in many colors. Mix it as a sealer with more reducer and it goes on nice and smooth.

A84BC47F-860D-4B84-AFF0-3EAD7588DA58.jpeg

It’s way better than a rattle can. But why look for cheap products over top quality?

why not use PPG DP epoxy primer? It comes in many colors. Mix it as a sealer with more reducer and it goes on nice and smooth.

View attachment 1715668856

I wouldn't suggest Dplf 401 for epoxy. It has a induction time, is very slow but has a 72 hour pot life. 402 is probably the better choice for a home user without the ability to force cure.

I think the body man wants to finish the underside with Delfleet One over DP90 epoxy primer. Does that sound right? I can double-check with him if you think I got this wrong. The finished look is very shiny, and non-original, but the argument is that the Delfleet preserves the body much better than the factory-original methods did. Agree?

-
Back