prep work on body question

-

swifter

Reaction score
So it seems most of the threads here about talk about sanding down a body to prep for painting,What about media blasting,If we media blast to prep what are the steps to prep AFTER the media blasting?? DO you do body repair BEFORE or AFTER media blasting--I ask because of a project I'm about to start on a 68 valiant and have multi blasters in the area--Thanks Steve

Steve if you have the car media blasted make sure whoever blasts it can epoxy coat the car afterwards. You can do you filler work over certain epoxy coats so you would do you body work after the blasting. Remember one key thing to a good paint job is the right prep work. Starting with clean bare metal will be worth it in the long run.

See i was told that with media blasting the material they blast with leaves a coating on the metal that protects it and can stay that way for a few months--This is not true????? Thanks

See i was told that with media blasting the material they blast with leaves a coating on the metal that protects it and can stay that way for a few months--This is not true????? Thanks

I was told that is true with soda blasting.

I blasted the entire car, then gave it a coat of epoxy primer. That kept it protected as I work on each area of the car

so 1st-media blast---2nd wax,oil & grease remover---3rd e-poxy coat---4th hit the body work??????????

easy??????? I never did this before so I'm counting on my brothers here to help and YOU will all get sick of the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steve

Blast, degrease, e-coat, body work. If you have a spot that needs a good deal of bondo grind the epoxy off first and bondo on bare metal.

Blast, degrease, e-coat, body work. If you have a spot that needs a good deal of bondo grind the epoxy off first and bondo on bare metal.

Blow it out with compressed air real good, Wax and grease remover, Epoxy. Most fillers will say NOT to use on bare steel. Always read the direction.

-
Back