Primer

-

Purple Haze

Reaction score
Anyone ever use Evercoat Slick Sand? Like some input on it if I can get some.

I use super build since it is the only high build that evercoat has for bare metal....Slick and feather fill only go over etch primer or epoxy. so you have to get that on first... super build over bare metal. read the tech sheet for your application, but you already have done that.. good luck...
-Jr

sorry you wanted some info... it is a spray on polyester.. almost like spraying on metal glaze without out using the air file... :)

Can this be used over factory paint? I am not going to strip my whole car, just block it prime and paint.

download the tech sheet....

http://www.evercoat.com/productDetail.aspx?pID=28

Pre-Painted Surfaces
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Sand repair area and featheredge using 180 grit, 220 grit and finish with 320 grit sandpaper on a random orbital sander
Final clean with a quality wax and grease remover to remove sanding residue prior to applying Slick Sand
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Body Filler or Putty
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Finish sanding body filler or putty with 180-220 grit sandpaper
Featheredge with 320 grit sandpaper
Blow off the surface with an air blow gun
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

It's great stuff but you do need a gun with a big tip, at least 1.8 as I recall, mine is 2.5

You also need to get on sanding sooner than later, gets pretty hard if you let it sit for a long time

You dont thin it, that would defeat its purpose. I believe it uses a hardner though

My problem is I don't have a gun with a 2.0 or larger tip, 1.8 is the biggest.

I'm pretty sure it used to be a 1.8 or larger so odds are it will be fine. Also, Adam is correct, it uses a hardener, do NOT forget to use it or you'll just end up with a big gooey mess.

-
Back