Pro Flo XT hood clearance

-

isharj

Reaction score
Got a 68 Barracuda and thinking about switching from a Gen 1, MSD Atomic EFI setup to an Edelbrock Pro Flo XT setup. I like the idea of port injection way better than the TBI setup especially since i have it on a dual plane intake now so cylinder to cylinder distribution is not ideal.

Does anyone know if the XT manifold will clear the hood? I'd like to keep my stock hood if i can.

Got a 68 Barracuda and thinking about switching from a Gen 1, MSD Atomic EFI setup to an Edelbrock Pro Flo XT setup. I like the idea of port injection way better than the TBI setup especially since i have it on a dual plane intake now so cylinder to cylinder distribution is not ideal.

Does anyone know if the XT manifold will clear the hood? I'd like to keep my stock hood if i can.
Kinda thot about the same thing , dod u have to change ur control unit to do it ?

I have Proflo on my 69. It is on a 440 and I did have to notch a 2” area of my hood support. I’ll see if I can find a pic, if not I will try to get one taken tonight. In the attach pic the support that goes right to left has a small cut out on the rear side of it. I’m not sure what motor or Mounts you have it all may make a difference.
Andy

EA1C2336-DFAE-471B-8254-C35DF17A25E1.jpeg

famous bob, Yeah, i would have to change everything, except the fuel setup.

Thanks for the info akrateffil! I have a V8 k member with Schumacher mounts. Are you happy with the Pro Flo overall?

I'm thinking about using the XT manifold and rail and piece the rest together as i come across deal and run it all with a Holley Terminator X ECU.

Isharj here is a pic of the cut out I had to put in one of the supports under on the underside of the hood.
Andy

063D0C56-4754-4D32-BEFA-9DC00F483676.jpeg

-
Back