Pro Parts Headers???

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have any photos of the underside of their A bodies with Pro Parts headers?

I'm getting ready to build a set of Pro Parts-esque headers for my 66 Dart w/ mid plate and am just fishing for ideas. Anything helps. Thanks!!!

I'll browse my photos, I may have a generic underside shot that shows them from when I had it on the alignment rack. I could only get some close up ones now if there is anything in particular you are looking for. My car is too low to get anything 'wide angle' though.

I'd like to get an idea of where the fenderwell tubes come back to the collector and how low the collector is relative to the frame rail.

Trying to figure out if it's worth buying a set to modify for my 66, or if I should just start from scratch with a box of tubes.

I just went and snapped this pic, I dont have one that showed a general shot of them.

My frame in that area is 6" off the ground, the collector tube is 3" and the bottom of the flange is 2.5". It drags a lot, and it currently sealed with 2 gaskets and a tube of copper RTV. Lol

Let me know if other pictures would help, access is limited since theres not much clearance, but I can try!

Edit: I measured at about the midpoint from where the tubes merge and the collector flange is.

20201020_112217.jpg

I just went and snapped this pic, I dont have one that showed a general shot of them.

My frame in that area is 6" off the ground, the collector tube is 3" and the bottom of the flange is 2.5". It drags a lot, and it currently sealed with 2 gaskets and a tube of copper RTV. Lol

Let me know if other pictures would help, access is limited since theres not much clearance, but I can try!

Edit: I measured at about the midpoint from where the tubes merge and the collector flange is.

View attachment 1715616218

Thank you. This helps a lot! Any idea how far back the #7 tube goes relative to the engine/trans surface? Looks like that one would cause some serious interference issues with my midplate. I think using photos of the basic layout of this style of headers will be my basis for building a set. Should work out great. Thanks again.

pro-drive.jpg

header_driver.jpg

upload_2020-10-20_12-17-40.png

It sure would be close, the top looks to have enough room, but #7 slants towards the back as it goes down.

I tried, but I can't get a good picture of that area to show, too tight of a fit.

20201020_162345.jpg

I took my inner fender off to try and get access, that is one tough spot to get too! It looks like #7 stays forward of the block until it gets to about the height of the starter, then it angles back and would block the wing on the motor plate, if that makes sense?

Also, thanks for asking that question, by digging in there I realized my speedometer cable sheathing is completely melted through from touching a primary tube. Lol

I took my inner fender off to try and get access, that is one tough spot to get too! It looks like #7 stays forward of the block until it gets to about the height of the starter, then it angles back and would block the wing on the motor plate, if that makes sense?

Also, thanks for asking that question, by digging in there I realized my speedometer cable sheathing is completely melted through from touching a primary tube. Lol

Yeah, I think #7 would cause me to rework the midplate for sure. Between that, the shock towers, front cage down tubes, and early A steering linkage, I think I'll keep the $1050 in my pocket and just build a custom set. Thanks again for the photos and help!

-
Back