pro parts vs fenderwell

Mopar Exhaust Systems

1. forced 340

forced 340 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:16 AM
    Just a few questions. If you had a choice between pro parts semi fenderwell headers, and full fenderwell headers (both 2" tubes), what would you go with? if you run the p.p. headers, how tall of a tire can you run? is the trans easy to get out? ground clearance? I know with full fenderwells, you'll need a 165ish tire. thanks for the info gang!

2. vitamindart

vitamindart Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    had both, noticed a pick up in et and lower engine temps when I ran the fender wells. don't remember any issues rubbing tires with the pro parts.
    were a little more difficult to seal up but not bad. my pro parts were coated inside and out and still caused the engine to run 15-20 degrees hotter in traffic.
    no other change than fender well headers and the temps were well under 200 no matter how much traffic I dealt with.

fender well headers equal shitty ground clearance, tire rubbing & exhaust routing issues but, that's what I prefer.

• Like Like x 2
    • SGBARRACUDA

SGBARRACUDA ROY FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      3:16 AM
      I’ve ran both a few times in my lifetime. IMO? It is a no brainer. Pro Parts every time. No tire issues and you don’t have hack the hell out of your inner fender wells. And you can actually work on your engine without getting third degree burns.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • famous bob

famous bob mopar misfit

Local Time:
        I ran dougs and hooker "proparts type" headers on a hemi superstocker , had tire rub w/ both !

• Like Like x 1
        • roccodart440

roccodart440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          I'd wait until I had the money to buy a set of under chassis headers.

• Like Like x 1
          • SGBARRACUDA

SGBARRACUDA ROY FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
            Never knew Hooker made a set of Pro Parts style headers. If you use the Pro Parts which was the old Herb McCandless headers, tire clearance is not an issue. Unless your trying to run 17x40 Ground Hogs on the front!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
            By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.