[problem solved] Stall converter with no gear ring

-

Sergey

Reaction score
I got a built 727 transmission and 8” stall converter from a1 for my 5.9 magnum and was putting together today and realized stall converter doesn’t have a ring gear!
Do you need to buy one? Or are there flexplates with ring gear? Also my engine is externally balanced on the flex plate?
Are they welded on stall converters or pressed? Can i install it myself? Have no idea! thank you!

Yup. If it actually engages and fits the transmission, it's very likely for an AMC as mentioned. Can you post a picture?

Yup. If it actually engages and fits the transmission, it's very likely for an AMC as mentioned. Can you post a picture?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yup, I do believe that's what you have. Might see of you can sell it off on an AMC forum.

Yup, I do believe that's what you have. Might see of you can sell it off on an AMC forum.
Thank you! I can’t really get it to sit right on 727, but they built my transmission and stall at the same time, gotta be a mistake or something, paid $1200 for it, will give them a call in the morning

Thank you! I can’t really get it to sit right on 727, but they built my transmission and stall at the same time, gotta be a mistake or something, paid $1200 for it, will give them a call in the morning
It could be for something totally different. If they built it knowing it was a Mopar application, there's your out right there for a return. No way can a Mopar use it with no ring gear.

Doesn’t the magnums have a flex plate with the ring gear on it? Or maybe just certain years? Kim

that’s my flex plate and i sent them photo of it too

Can i install the ring gear on the flexplate or converter myself?

557FB982-37FD-4AAE-820C-1AC3B66DF285.jpeg

I was thinking that style plate but I thought they had the ring gear on it but clearly it doesn’t. Yes u need a converter with the ring gear on it. Kim

I was thinking that style plate but I thought they had the ring gear on it but clearly it doesn’t. Yes u need a converter with the ring gear on it. Kim

Just gave them a call, they didn’t do ring gear by accident, they thought my flex plate has ringgear, but i sent them photo before, they said they’ll weld a ring gear in couple days if i’ll bring it back!

Just gave them a call, they didn’t do ring gear by accident, they thought my flex plate has ringgear, but i sent them photo before, they said they’ll weld a ring gear in couple days if i’ll bring it back!
Cool. Hopefully problem solved then. ......but didn't you say you couldn't get the converter to install into the transmission? Maybe take the whole shebang with you and see if they can do it. Might be a problem.

-
Back