Problem with my 360 with the 273 adj rockers

-

Garza08

Reaction score
I'm using the 273 adjustable rockers on my built 360 with a solid comp cam and have the rockers adjusted pretty good but the lifters on the cast shaft have a little play and make noise when the car is on.... So it's looks like I may need some spacers but wat I did was tighten the lifters just a tad bit more so the lifters didn't move on the shaft side to side and was just wondering if that's safe or wat would u guys recommend??? Thanks for all the help

solid lifters make noise........the lash is what make noise....set the lash per manufacturer recommendation...

lifters on shaft side move?....can you explain that better?...rockers moving back n forth?

They move as is not back and forth towards the push rods making it go and and down but side to side on the shaft the lifters are on and bolted onto the head

They move as is not back and forth towards the push rods making it go and and down but side to side on the shaft the lifters are on and bolted onto the head

You should add spacers so the rockers stay directly over the valve stem. Normally they'll move side to side, but not enough to lose their centering. Solid lifters make noise period. Remember to set the lash as recommended.

you are saying the rockers move back in forth on the shaft....

there should be spacers between the rockers...solid spacers

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 134
mine have a slight side to side, but very minimal. how much are we talking here?

the two inner bolts on each side carry a wider hold downs than the middle and the outsides

Attachments

• rockers.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 131
there are shims available .015.....

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/mopar0015thick.html

before you shim the rockers for side to side movement...line up the rocker over the valve stem....then measure with feeler gauge the amount of shim need to keep the rocker there ...measure both sides...you want some amount of side to side movement...do not take all the play out of it....

-
Back