Problems at the Upper Control Arm Mount - Advice Needed

-

69cudaownr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Advice Needed - I have started a Kelsey Hayes disc brake swap and have realized a problem. Where the upper control arm bolts and camber adjusters meet the frame/support it appears I have a lot of rust. Both bolts snapped when I was trying to remove them. I think the support may be weakened from the rust. I'm not sure what you call that frame support but the control arm runs through it at the bottom and the shock goes through it at the top. Is this a known problem with A Bodies? Is it a replaceable part (welded in)? and what is it called?

Thanks for your help.
Greg

I can't help you directly but there was just recently a thread on this, and someone posted a factory bulletin. Maybe someone else remembers the thread

It's a weld-in part. I believe it's available in a reproduction, or, you'll need a donor car where it can be cut out and welded into your car. I'd check the rest of your suspension and frame rail to see if you have bad rust anywhere else, so, you can get it all done at once.

Awesome, I knew I could count on someone having the info. Drivers side is still ok. Passenger side is at about 60% for metal quality so I’ll replace the passenger side.
thanks

-
Back