Proform stamped rockers?

-

QuickDart360

Reaction score
Ordered a new set of proform hardened and carburized stamped steel rockers. Now my dilemma is can i use my existing rocker shafts which are stock. They are not worn. But in the description of the proform rockers they push to buy their hardened shafts but will work with factory hardware? Huh?:eek: Can someone here shed some light. Am i overreacting?!

If I was going to run stock paddle rockers, I sure wouldn't waste money buyin new ones.

Hey Rusty I already have them. Just need to know if it's ok to use these rockers with the stock shafts? Any need to use the hardened or chrome shafts? I think not but not sure.

Talked strait with proform today. They said it's ok to use stock rocker shafts!!:thumbsup: should be good to go. I also found a set of old skool TRW rocker shafts online.

stock rockers and shafts are hardened. the moparperf rockers are a little thicker

Last edited:
Good luck with the rockers. I have seen some good and bad. Remember who ever is selling a product theirs is always the best. And who ever has them they are the only way to go. There was a time and a place for those rockers with factory stock base circle cams. I haven't seen one since the 90's with a good performance result. The shafts are the least of your items to choose from. you will need adjustable push rods to set the pre-load if using any cam an lifter choice but original.

Guys will chime in and say they use them and some will get away with using them. depending on if they did not deck the block, cut the heads, change the cam or use any other thickness head gasket than stock.

-
Back