Proform stamped rockers?

Small Block Mopar Engine

1. QuickDart360

QuickDart360 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:00 AM
    Ordered a new set of proform hardened and carburized stamped steel rockers. Now my dilemma is can i use my existing rocker shafts which are stock. They are not worn. But in the description of the proform rockers they push to buy their hardened shafts but will work with factory hardware? Huh?:eek: Can someone here shed some light. Am i overreacting?!

2. RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod Bla de blizhibliz de blatde blizi bla bla FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    8:00 AM
    If I was going to run stock paddle rockers, I sure wouldn't waste money buyin new ones.

3. QuickDart360

Local Time:
    Hey Rusty I already have them. Just need to know if it's ok to use these rockers with the stock shafts? Any need to use the hardened or chrome shafts? I think not but not sure.

4. dano

dano Evil Handy Man

Local Time:
    5:00 AM
    Proform Parts |

It is a bit ambiguous. I'd ask Proform.

Or like Rusty said, get a stock setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • QuickDart360

Local Time:
      Talked strait with proform today. They said it's ok to use stock rocker shafts!!:thumbsup: should be good to go. I also found a set of old skool TRW rocker shafts online.

• Marcohotrod

Marcohotrod Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      stock rockers and shafts are hardened. the moparperf rockers are a little thicker

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oldmanmopar

Oldmanmopar Going left turning right FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        Good luck with the rockers. I have seen some good and bad. Remember who ever is selling a product theirs is always the best. And who ever has them they are the only way to go. There was a time and a place for those rockers with factory stock base circle cams. I haven't seen one since the 90's with a good performance result. The shafts are the least of your items to choose from. you will need adjustable push rods to set the pre-load if using any cam an lifter choice but original.

Guys will chime in and say they use them and some will get away with using them. depending on if they did not deck the block, cut the heads, change the cam or use any other thickness head gasket than stock.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.