Progress on my race car project-paint!

-

hemidart1

Reaction score
A friend and I painted my race car project in my garage yesterday (It was my first time painting under the helpfull eye of a friend who paints well-excuse the fish eyes))and pulled the tape off and decided to throw on some front wheels. I am a fan of the "Golden Commandos" cars from back in the day and this car will pay tribute. It's actually a '66 Valiant(Canadian version of the Dart). I have a '64 hemi scoop that is ready to bolt on the hood. It will be lettered up just like the originalGolden Commando #6 car-and classified(for looks only) in the D/SA class just like the D-Darts from '66. The motor goes in next month - fenderwell headers and all!
valiant_progess_001small.jpg

valiant_progess_002small.jpg

valiant_progess_003small.jpg

valiant_progess_004small.jpg

valiant_progess_005small.jpg

Looks good. You did a fine job for your first time. I can't wait to get my 66 Dart ready to be able to paint it... ...Looking forward to seeing this one done

thanks! The seats are original -the car only had 43,000 miles on it and was original paint and rust free...no dings at all.
I had the door panels redone in super stock style with no armrest holes and repainted the dash and doors gold.
the gold lettering should go on in a few weeks!

my buddy let me spray some of the first coat and had to grab the gun several times. he then topped it off with the final coat. I am definately an amateur but it was a great experience.

looks good for white not bad not bad at all ,,,,,,,you car is just like mine cool cars i love mine ......but mite sell mine becouse i black out for a sec, on lanch 140 60ft doc, said mite have to give it up

0802071237.jpg

0802071238.jpg

-
Back