Project`67 Dart GT 340 A500

-
Junior is doing well. Not much different since last post.
This was at work the other day.
20240329_062340.jpg

Did you add a small piece of wire across your gaps, or just a solder bridge?

Can't really say its wrong, but I probably would have laid a small jumper wire in the solder puddle. Probably the biggest thing you are fighting is making sure the copper trace on the board is really clean.
Don't know or presume to know your soldering skills, but most people grasp the heat concept, but not necessarily the cleanliness. A good clean iron tip that is pre-tinned with fresh solder is just as important as clean connections. Having anything "dirty" makes it take longer before the solder "flows" properly thereby increasing the risk of heat damage to circuit traces, glue, or components.

I did add wire to the repair (don't remember doing that). Tested all the circuits, all are good but some of the pins were loose so I carefully swedged them. Devin suggested a ground issue, I bet he is correct. I will check that out next when it isn't a billion degrees out.

20240707_145544.jpg

I followed the manual and the original voltage limiter did not pass the bench test last night so I ordered a new one. But I think I have a NOS one stashed away still digging.

I did add wire to the repair (don't remember doing that). Tested all the circuits, all are good but some of the pins were loose so I carefully swedged them. Devin suggested a ground issue, I bet he is correct. I will check that out next when it isn't a billion degrees out.

View attachment 1716274678
Hi Andy

By saying "grounding issue" I mean something is grounding on that electrical circuit that shouldn't. Wires rubbing through somewhere, bulkhead issues, fuse box issues etc. The circuit board 'ribbon' is probably just the weakest link.

Happy hunting, and please..... no mushroom clouds!!!

Hi Andy

By saying "grounding issue" I mean something is grounding on that electrical circuit that shouldn't. Wires rubbing through somewhere, bulkhead issues, fuse box issues etc. The circuit board 'ribbon' is probably just the weakest link.

Happy hunting, and please..... no mushroom clouds!!!
Thanks and I did understand that right from your tx. I'm double checking all of that with my power probe as I go before plugging instruments back in.

-
Back