Psc or pst

-

rudmover

Reaction score
OK Guys I'm looking for opinions from anyone who has one about these two companies front end rebuild kits. I'm ready to buy and from what I can gather the Psc kit for 290.00 bucks looks good but I'ts only arround another 100-150 for the super Pst kit. Is it worth the extra flow?

Yes! I have the Super Poly Kit, its a great kit.

Well really dont want to hijack this thread but its better then starting one so similar. What is the best rebuild kit for the front suspension. Poly Vs Rubber? company Vs Company? This is a task I will be tackling soon. I want the best handleing from a front rebuild kit. I dont have the $$$$$$ for a RMS or Magnum force but want the best I can get from a rebuild kit. the suspension is for a Duster with a BB.

1" torsion bars, work for bb. A rebuilt front (be it rubber or poly) will work better then the worn out one. That being said poly is the way to go, doesn't flex like rubber will. Also get yourself a set of good shocks.
You can get your stuff from PST they are a good company and of course there are other companies out there. PST is also a vendor here.

my biggest concern is not with the bushings but rather with the ball joints that come with these kits.

My 65 has pst poly kit and used same one for previous 66 if you drive it alot and want a good ride and handling go with the poly no regrets here!

meaning what, who made them?

in a word "yes" if who made them has anything to do with the quality of the part and how long they will last. maybe the question I should have asked is what ball joints should be avoided and what are a good quality piece, anyone?

thanks

Go with Moog, great quality, can't go wrong with them.

Even the granite impregnated poly bushings will eventually start to squeak. I rebuilt with poly graphite and within a couple of months the strut rod bushings were squeaking like an old junker. I wound up rebuilding again with stock rubber.

Maybe with auto crossing or road racing you would benefit with poly but for spirited street driving I never noticed a difference.

I have used poly and nylon for years with zero noise. The key is using formula 5 lube. It's super sticky and unlike anything else. If you don't use it, they will squeek. That being said, I have 2 schools of thought, stock lower bushings with stock strut rods is a budget way to go. If you decide to use a nylon or poly lower, the thickness of the face of the bushing will dictate the use of an adj strut rod. In that case, I like to use the heim jointed type for excellent articulation and a very solid lower control arm. This is important if you road race a little or a lot.

X2 about the lube. I think I have a great prank building here against my friend!

-
Back