PURDY ceramic headers

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
I just picked up my headers from the shop. They are now ceramic coated inside and out. They were free headers, and fit the car very well, so instead of replacing them I had them coated. Due to some rust buildup, they were pitted and have a hammertone appearance. They are still freakin' nice though. The new stuff in his shop looked like super smooth chrome.

273699.jpg

Where did you have them done, and price??

They look marvelous. Superb. :)

I had them done locally here in Arlington.

A place called Performance Coating Specialties. Some of the guys in my Mopar club have used him in the past and were very happy.

Don't those look good! No more black and gray (used to be black) paint flaking off. No more rust, easy to clean. Win-Win situation. It's neat when you're happy with them and they aren't even on the car yet. Can't beat the coating. Ya done good son. Enjoy!

Win-Win is an understatement..

Free headers + $225 coating= Ceramic headers THAT FIT.....

Better than paying $450+ for (insert brand name here) ceramics. My friend has Hookers on his SB Dart, and they didn't even fit around his manual steering box without some ball-peen persuasion...

My only persuasion spot was where the idler arm ould swing left to right and catch the rt side tube. I think is was more due to the bushings being worn out and the idler having verticle movement. I still be on the headers some, just to be sure (plus I hadn't used my hammer yet that day).

-
Back