Pushrod Question

-
The link to the push rods is for ball and ball push rods, not cup and ball. You can get custom length push rods if you want to pay that kind of money. Go to B3 engineering and talk to them about push rod geometry.

I ran 7.400 LS (comp brand) pushrods in my 360 without issue (5/16", 080 wall) on a solid flat tappet cam with 1.6:1 rockers, .384" lobe, (edit: adding that they were the Howard's solid lifters with EDM hole) & the comp 26915 beehive springs set up at about 305 lb open load...worked okay for me (until I butted a ring, but that wasn't the pushrods). Your results may vary of course:p

Last edited:
Looks like I'm going to need a pushrod around 7.375" long for the shaved head 360 build. Is there any reason that an LS pushrod like this would not work? About 330 lb of spring pressure over the nose. Do all 5/16" ball-ball pushrods have the same shape on the ends?

BTR LS CHROMOLY PUSHRODS .080" WALL , 5/16" DIAMETER, SET OF 16

Well…almost they interchange.

If you are using SFT lifters there are two different push rod seats with a different radius.

You can use the big radius lifter with the small radius pushrod end BUT if that small end slides down out of the cup, and if your piston to valve clearance is close you can bend a valve.

Or three.

I’ve never seen the different sized push rod seats on hydraulic of roller lifters. Solid roller lifters anyway.

Other than that, as long as the ends fit what you need the pushrod doesn’t know it’s for an LS or anything else.

-
Back