Putting vinyl top back on a Dart

-

notenoughcash

Reaction score
So...I want to put a vinyl top back on my 74 swinger. It came with it based on the fender tag but somewhere in it's life someone removed it all half-assed and tossed a crappy paint job on it.

I have no idea what I need to be looking for with regards to trim pieces etc to make this happen as they are all MIA. It will complete the look I'm going for on my build and unless it's insanely hard to find parts I want to get this done.

Any help here appreciated, thanks!

As a heads up, if your 74 dart swinger is anything like my 74 duster, which I just finished removing the vinyl top from, you're going to need to drill (or find, and knock the bondo out of...) screw holes on the front pillars, and in the crease above the side-rear windows. Also, and more difficult... The long piece of chrome that goes over the roof is held on with little rivets, shaped like nail heads, that have likely been ground off of your car. No idea what to tell you to do/use in the place of those. Sorry if that wasn't a big help, just thought I'd let you know what you're getting into.

-
Back