Question about cuda dashpads

-
thanks for the quick answer, what would it take to adapt the upper and lower to a 67 dash frame

You could drill the mounting holes for lower pads into the 67 dash but... 67 ash tray wouldn't line up or look right, the plastic column door is different, you would need a thumb wheel radio and alter that dash area... What did I forget? Anyway... the 68 only dashes quite different from all others.

i guess i may have to find a 68 dashframe etc.
OK, So due to a parts shortage ( result of railroad strike I think ) There were 68 Valiants built with B'cuda rallye dashes. Slight increase in numbers/availability in that. Then there are the 68 Darts.
That dash has a different opening for Darts standard inst' panel but that could be altered for the rallye inst' panel. All those parts along the lower pad line are the same. You would still need a 68 B'cuda glove box door. No doubt the correct 68 rally dash is the best route. Good hunting

I always thought the lower pad was called the 'shelf'....

That's what I use it for....

To store junk...

I always thought the lower pad was called the 'shelf'....

That's what I use it for....

To store junk...
It was actually Chryslers effort to reduce knee injuries in collisions, developed before seat belts became mandatory. Thus the one year production.

I have a 68 dash frame if you're interested! I live in Michigan so the shipping may be pricey, but I am going to the Nats and could bring it there!

I have a 68 dash frame if you're interested! I live in Michigan so the shipping may be pricey, but I am going to the Nats and could bring it there!
Thanks, I will look for one locally or put a wanted listing on the board

-
Back