Question

-

tvt59

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I see on these big braket race fliers that a device that reads the tree is not allowed. I understand why that would be. But do you think their is actually such a device being used? I guess if it's on there that someone has tried to use one

I see on these big braket race fliers that a device that reads the tree is not allowed. I understand why that would be. But do you think their is actually such a device being used? I guess if it's on there that someone has tried to use one
I think that should be considered cheating.
Why in the hell would someone want to win like that???

I think that should be considered cheating.
Why in the hell would someone want to win like that???
You know that when money is involved especially when it's a large amount. Someone is going to try a find a way to cheat But my real question is. Do you think that someone has actually developed a devise that can activate something when the bulb comes on?

You know that when money is involved especially when it's a large amount. Someone is going to try a find a way to cheat But my real question is. Do you think that someone has actually developed a devise that can activate something when the bulb comes on?
That wouldn't surprise me but I don't think we'd hear anyone bragging about it lol

the electronics are there, modern cars have active headlights that shut off just the spot where an oncoming car is located utilizing light sensors

We have a local racer that others are suspicious of because of that. It's hard to believe he can cut so many near perfect lights for weeks in a row. If he's that good without an" electric eye" he's damn good for a guy in his 70's.

Why even get out of the trailer. Just let the car go down the track then brag about what a good racer you are. This electronic stuff is really getting ridiculous, but everyone has bought them so if the track outlaws delay boxes, transbrakes', shift solenoids, etc they won't have anybody left to race. Next week I'm driving over 3 hours to a track because their no electronics class is true footbrake.

Why even get out of the trailer. Just let the car go down the track then brag about what a good racer you are. This electronic stuff is really getting ridiculous, but everyone has bought them so if the track outlaws delay boxes, transbrakes', shift solenoids, etc they won't have anybody left to race. Next week I'm driving over 3 hours to a track because their no electronics class is true footbrake.
Yeah, our super-pro class allows electronics, but our "no box" allows transbrakes, as long as there is no delay box .
Unfortunately, that doesn't mean nobody in Pro is using a concealed one.
I do love my transbrake (no two-step, wood the throttle at the first yellow, step off at the third), but if they banned it, id still run footbrake.

I saw it happen at Youngstown Ohio's Drag City. Wife of one of the dirty dozen would stand behind and to the side of the car with a large video camera every run. Car wasn't real fast, 10s if I recall. Car always seemed to cut .010 lights or better and was always in the money rounds along with 3-5 of his buddies. One night two large guys walked right in front of the lady "recording", the light came down and the car never moved. A week or two later the dirty dozen got busted at Nowalk and were banned for life, that is until a national event came there and the ban was lifted...

As noted, the electronics are certainly capable. You just need a light sensor to trigger the start. Trigger right when the top bulb (or all bulbs on a pro tree) goes on. Seems like getting a repeatable "aim" at the proper tree location of the sensor would be a challenge but I'm sure someone could/would figure it out.

A grid ignition is legally allowed to be in the car and be used. But some of the things a grid can be programmed to do isn’t legal. My track manager told me he has the electronic gizmo that can be plugged into check for legal settings but that I know of has never used it. How pathetic is that. I have a grid in my heads up car and in that class there aren’t any rules because it’s legal
To pull power and program it to do so. I could have put it in my duster 8 years ago and haven’t

A local guy here in Tuscaloosa refused to install a hidden ARC module in a guys braket car.

-
Back