Quick fuel by Holley throttle stop

-

Ahoey

Reaction score
Has anyone made a throttle stop for a quick fuel carb. Says in install instructions needs throttle stop or damage to carb will result. Using stock cable and mount have it adjusted short of WFO Have a few ideas but maybe someone has better ideas. Thanks for in put.

Has anyone made a throttle stop for a quick fuel carb. Says in install instructions needs throttle stop or damage to carb will result. Using stock cable and mount have it adjusted short of WFO Have a few ideas but maybe someone has better ideas. Thanks for in put.
The carb, electric choke, 4 corner idle, clear sight plugs all work as advertised. Good street carb for money

Usually you adjust the throttle cable to where the throttle pedal hits the floor just before wide open. If your set up is different you could use a bolt under the pedal to adjust and stop it.

Unhhh, I’m lost. The throttle stop is on the primary throttle shaft, and unless you have a leg that pushes the throttle pedal through the floor, that should suffice. I’ve never run a secondary throttle stop on anything.

That said, as mentioned above, you can set it up so the cable just pulls the throttle to WFO and you have all the pull you can get. That way you won’t be able to leverage the cable enough to damage the throttle shaft.

Unhhh, I’m lost. The throttle stop is on the primary throttle shaft, and unless you have a leg that pushes the throttle pedal through the floor, that should suffice. I’ve never run a secondary throttle stop on anything.

That said, as mentioned above, you can set it up so the cable just pulls the throttle to WFO and you have all the pull you can get. That way you won’t be able to leverage the cable enough to damage the throttle shaft.
This is what I thought. Going to reread install manual again. Had older Holleys never worried about positive throttle stop. To much thinking is not a good thing sometimes

Which Quick Fuel do you have? My SS doesn't say anything about a throttle stop.

I believe this is what the OP is referencing.

C03C1780-9A2E-4C15-8BC7-947BA935A4BF.jpeg

The over side just says about retightening fasteners because of heat fx on gaskets
Finally got back to carb. Don’t know what I was thinking. Petal on floor is petal on floor. I think they call it a brain fart.

-
Back