Quiet mufflers

-
That sounds real nice, that is what I am looking for. Love the Satriani

No drone on the highway. When sitting still reving the engine, I hear more noise from the 7-blade fan under the hood than I do from the exhaust. Its still not dead quiet like a stock exhaust, but pretty good.

Yes and they are only $680 each. :(

TheToad, these are now made and sold by Waldron's Antique Exhaust. They are updated versions of the 1970 GTO VOE mufflers. I made them fit and work on my 69 340 Cuda and when I say quiet, they are dead quiet. No roar, no resonation, no blap, or ring, or farting. Dead quiet. Quieter than even the 340 with the Noise Reduction Package. However, when open, they are as loud as Flowmasters and their copies.
Tom

would these fit my dart ?
I am concerned about the length

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-22790/

Brand Dynomax Performance
Manufacturer's Part Number 22790
Part Type Mufflers
Product Line Walker Quiet-Flow 3 Mufflers
Summit Racing Part Number WLK-22790
UPC 086387227902

Case Shape Oval
Inlet Diameter (in) 2.000 in.
Inlet Quantity One
Inlet Location Offset
Outlet Diameter (in) 2.000 in.
Outlet Quantity One
Outlet Location Center
Internal Construction Turbo-style
Muffler Material Steel
Muffler Finish Aluminized
Case Length (in) 22.000 in.
Overall Length (in) 26.000 in.
Thickness (in) 4.250 in.
Width (in) 9.750 in.
Quantity Sold individually.

Thanks for looking; minor correction: they are not $680
they are "DCE mufflers & Universal control package - DUAL EXHAUST
$695.00 for the whole set up."
They are high dollar but not that high :):)
Tom

The Dynomax and the TTI system are real quiet IMO My father in law has the TTI on his 1970 Coronet R/T and its very quiet...too quiet for me I want a muscle car to sound like a muscle car..His only sounds good under WOT but cruising around its pretty quiet. Now I dont like glasspacks and cherry bombs loud but a nice deep Muscle Car rumble...and id not use the TTI mufflers or Dynomaxes(walkers) on mine as they are just TOO quiet. I have the Summit system on my Dart Sport I dont remember the brand of mufflers they use but also they are pretty quiet...when I redo my exhaust id switch out the ones in that system for something a bit more ballsey.

try some factory hemi muffs had them on my 69 dart with turn downs before axle cops told me that it passed the noise laws in wi

I am going for as free flowing and as quiet as possible, building a sleeper, don't want the exhaust note giving it away.

imco SL 422. i think is the right part number.they are basically identical to an imco/summit turbo muffler just with a longer case (18").i have them on my 4x4 truck. dual 2.25,and they are very quiet.as far as the best flowing quiet muffler.....id look to see if they make a dynomax ultra flo with a large case.i just replaced the thrush welded on my dart with ultraflos and it is night and day as far as noise goes.

If it's too loud you're too old.

I am going for as free flowing and as quiet as possible, building a sleeper, don't want the exhaust note giving it away.

dynomax super turbos are nice and quiet on my dart. i went with the bigger and longer 3" muffler with an X-pipe/

Most quiet and least restrictive is really not doable. I just replaced my Flowmaster 50s with Dynomax Ultraflow, primarily to reduce the backpressure but also hoping to reduce the noise. They did both. Flowmasters are made to be noisey! The 40 series are louder than the 50 series but they are all still loud. What surprised me in my research is that they are also about the most restrictive "performance" mufflers you can get. Baffled mufflers create restriction .... period. To avoid restriction you need to go to a straight through design and those that use pulse dampening material (glass packs) can also be more quiet plus have less restriction.
My idle jumped up over 200 rpm and the vacuum level created by my header evacuation sytem also increased significantly - by changing from the Flow 50s to the Dynomax Ultraflow - and they toned down the sound at the same time.

spoke to Tom at Accurate and told him i
didn't want anything hanging down.
didn't want any drone
didn't want to hear it when i started it
and wanted it to sound like 1970 when i got on it.
stock 340 replacement and i'm happy,but i can hear it a little when i start it.

Running Accurate Exhausts high flow performance mufflers on my Dart and I like the sound. Close to the factory OEM sound from back in the day, but not exactly like it. I got tired of the Flowmasters and also the Magnaflows. Drone of the Flows and the glasspack sound of the Magnaflows when I got on it hard, wore on the ears after a while. Now the car sounds like a performance car without letting every cop in town know when I'm around. I'm happy with the overall sound pretty much.

I have headers and repop hemi mufflers on my '73 340 charger rallye with an X-pipe. 2 1/4 from the collectors back. It's quite as stock, flows real nice, has a nice rumble at idle, and sounds bad *** with your foot deep in the thermoquad. All of that with zero noise or resonance inside the car.

The Hemi mufflers are long! Really long! They would be a tight fit under an A-body. A really tight fit under an early A-body if at all.

I have pics of the exhaust system on my B-body if anyone is intrested.

That sounds great. And just about the sound I'm looking for also. Nice looking car too.

Couple questions though... How long are the mufflers you used? What is their number? Sounds about like I would expect a B body "Hemi" muffler to sound like.

I'm working on a 67 GT, ps, a/c. Factory 273 car that is getting replaced by a stock-ish 360. I have a set of Hemi mufflers that I might try to use. But they are pretty long and I'm not sure if they would fit under an A body. One of the current "hangs" that I'm going to have is finding exhaust manifolds. Eventually want to end up with Tri-Y headers.

Karl M.

318-4bbl-340cam-stock early 340 exhaust manifolds - 2.25" Walker Quietflows with h-pipe.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v507/SuperScamp/?action=view&current=runningdart.mp4

-
Back