Quiet mufflers

-
After some digging around and a couple of PMs from another poster, I've found: The stock muffler on my 67 Dart GT, 273 2 bbl, single exhaust is 18"x9"x5", 2" center inlet, 2" offset outlet. A 19" muffler would probably fit ok. 20" maybe, if the exhaust shop was creative. Stock 21" hemi mufflers, not really. The Walker Quiet-Flow that MileHighDart is running are 17" long. According to Walker the part number for those is 21385. Dimensions are 17"x9.75"x4.5", 2.25" offset inlet, 2.25" center outlet.

Hope this helps.

Karl M.

Interesting, I don't have the drone effect at all with my car. I've run both Flowmasters and Magnaflows and these are the best by far that I've run when it comes to the mind numbing drone effect the others had.

Interesting, I don't have the drone effect at all with my car. I've run both Flowmasters and Magnaflows and these are the best by far that I've run when it comes to the mind numbing drone effect the others had.

The drone is so bad you don't want to drive in that RPM range with the windows down. Seems to have gotten worse with the engine rebuild when I restored the car. Funny thing is it's a milder cam than what was in there before the rebuild. Close to stock now. 2.25" exhaust from front to back. Seriously thinking about different mufflers. The Dynomax VT's look interesting except for the cost and moving parts. I'm a little leary of moving parts in a muffler.

I have a Pypes 2.5" system on my car with an X pipe. Its pretty quite. However my last 3 cars has 3" 2 chamber flowmasters on them.

I'll have to break down and replace my existing muffs with something that doesn't drone. I'm thinking turbo mufflers. I think I ran some turbos years ago after I changed the engine to control the level of the exhaust. I was running cherry bomb glass packs at the time and on a stock 383 they sounded good. After a cam change they were too loud.

-
Back