Quite Quite out the exhaust pipe. Did I say Quite

-

Wolfgange

Reaction score
Looked at a few different threads on the A body forum. They all seem to talk about sound and rumble. I'm trying to get so quite, that if you were listening to the exhaust pipe and a nat flew by the exhaust and farted you'd here the fart. I'm seeking QUITE from my stock automatic slant 6. Quite like it's not even running. If that's possible

@Wolfgange I think that word you are trying to use is “quiet”. Yes, you can get the exhaust to quiet up. Use one of the factory type original mufflers and use a resonator in the tailpipe section. This will be like a double muffler. You do have a single exhaust- right? Not a dual exhaust system.

OOPPPS!! I only got's a high skool education. I mustave been doing burn outs during spelling class. Yes thanks for responding. Stock 225-/6 stock 69 valiant 100 automatic trans. stock single exhaust. Trying to figure out (factory type ? ) theres so many out there . resonator sounds good. Back to the computer Thanks

You can certainly get one quiet, but remember this. The more quiet a muffler is, generally, the more restrictive it is. So that means you'll be giving up some power to get quiet. Generally speaking, the longer a muffler is, the more quiet it is. So keep that in mind as well.

If you want Cadillac quite, get a Caddy muffler.

Best after market option is the DynoMax Quiteflow. Use the longest muffler possible as the longer it is, the more sound deadening it will have.

-
Back