R/C boats

-

71dartswinger

Reaction score
any r/c boaters on here from florida
I have 2 airboats
Dumas big swamp buggy asp .46 nitro 34" long cat hull. built from kit
Aquacraft alligator tour boat with supertiger 34 nitro 30" long fiberglass flat hull
and i have a hull that i am building from scratch from plans off internet.
i traded my slot cars for Dumas and my r/c truck for alligator.
have about 70.00 in scratch build inc os .20 motor 24" x 11"

001.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

That looks fun to drive around in the swamps! But i live in Oklahoma though.

My R/C hobby is cars. My toy is a 1/18th scale buggy on crack. Has an 8000kv electric motor and a 3cell lipo battery. The little booger will fly to 60 in a heartbeat (and back to 0 in a heartbeat too, it's real squirmy haha)

Good luck on your projects :toothy10: what you're doing is very unique

Im building a new cage for the black one out of aluminum instead of the brass rod like old one that was on it when i got it. it will do around 35-40 on snow
thats what i was told from the in Iowa i got it from. haven't run in pond yet had to order waterproof switch cover and install new radio and electronics. alligator runs great. two of the best trades i have done.

Steve

Do those back two fins turn the boat with the wind force? Or does the whole prop turn? If not, it would be cool to mount the prop and engine on a platform with a strong steering servo underneath. That might be too much effort though :toothy10:

the rudders on the back are what turns the boat just like the real ones.
they just direct the wind the way you want . will turn sharp enough to do a 180
turn real quick. need all electronics in water tight compartment exposed servo wouldn't last

I do R/C boats as well. I have a nitro Miss Budweiser, a nitro V-hull and a brushless V-hull. The brushless smokes them all! I plan on selling my nitro as I prefer the electric for low maintenance.

Looks good, do you bend your own pipes? Or buy them? I have been looking for some similar piping but wasn't too lucky when I hit Lowe's.

And one of my friends has a Miss Budweiser as well! He used to chase the ducks in his pond with it :toothy10:

I used to do the touring car and off road stadium truck thing but I have way to many hobbies and had to eliminate some of them. lol

I made a template out of 1/2 plywood and bent rod around it.
on the cross bars i use a round file to make ends fit the rod at the joint

here are pics of todays progress
rods are 1/4 x 36 3.00 each i will use 4
flat stock is 1/8 x 1/2 x 36 4.00 used 1
all in the hardware dept with steel in my store they are in aisle 16
all thats left are the side 4" cross bars ( hardest part to do )

more work on cage 001.JPG

more work on cage 002.JPG

more work on cage 003.JPG

more work on cage 005.JPG

As far as water proofing electronics, has anybody tried CorrosionX. It sounds pretty cool. If I get a Savage Flux, I will probably use that stuff.

I have an R/C 1/144 scale mogami class heavy cruiser a friend gave me when I was visiting him in Florida. It has air powered BB guns. They run them in shalow water and have battles with them. They are made with thin balsa wood. I have never had it running but did start to fix the hull. It had bad damage to the thin blasa sides.

i have a 5' probaot if anybody interested water cooled would consider trade for parts mainly a small block

-
Back