Racers I need advice. DOT tires

-

Tom1951

Reaction score
What is the best brand of DOT rated tires. Need some real sticky ones
cause my Dart has a 440, 727, 410 gears. Thanks in advance Tom, ô¿ô :mrgreen:

Thanks for the input. I think I can get 295-50-15 inside the wells. Still
need to install the driveshaft loop and get a helmet.ô¿ô :D :D :D

Tom are you getting the quick times or the quick time pros ?
I just bought a set of treaded qiuck times for my car.

I run regular Hoosier Quick Time tires because I do a lot of street driving. If you are looking for the "most sticky" you can get with little street driving, pick up a pair of the Hoosier Quick Time Pro tires, or the Mickey Thompson ET Streets.

- The Hoosiers usually last me a year or so before they need to be replaced from dry rot, garaged or not. I dont know about the MTs

Crazy how do the Hoosier hook for you. Ive got a set of 325-50s for my car. Hope they work ok.

Honestly I dont know. Ive had them for 3 years and my converter and tranny have never worked properly. I have gotten a best of 1.86 60ft so far, but thats with a 15% slip converter :@: I may be able to give you a better answer after I race on Oct 8th

Nope!

I was supposed to go to an event at LVD in April, but had to cancel. I rescheduled for another rental in August, but the 1/4s were getting painted and would not be ready in time.... I rescheduled AGAIN for a rental on Oct 8th, and just had ANOTHER setback 2 weeks ago (fortunately not my fault). This smells like bullchit :drunken:

Aside from a track rental on Oct 10th last year, I have not been able to make ANY events for the past 2 1/2 years because of either work/schedule conflicts, or work being done to the car. Needless to say, I'm a little bit peeved! I work one full weekend a month at the pharmacy, and it always seems to fall on the weekend of Carlisle, CT GolfLand show, Mopars @ LVD, Holley Dodge, etc....

I dont know why I even bother - $35k takes the car :salut:

-
Back