Radiator suggestions please

-

lee g

Reaction score
I have a 72 dart that was a factory slant 6 and now i am putting a 360 in it, .40 over 9.5 to 1 Speed Pro pistons, factory J heads, factory clutch fan, and a mild cam. I need a radiator and i am looking for suggestions. I really don't want to go the electric fan route but I also do not have a radiator shroud and I live in south Alabama and i will be running A/C on the car and I just want to make sure I have enough cooling. i have read some forums where people are running mild 360's with a aluminum radiator with no shroud and factory fan as well as A/C with no issues. Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated. I am also on a budget as well so price is a factor as well

Try the 26 inch 3 core or 4 core from champion, the mopar viscious fan with clutchshould work but a good 5 or 7 blade will probably do it. purple ice inradiator from summit or parts stores helps a little.

I had my stock 2 core rad re-cored by a local shop with a high efficiency 2 core unit. I wanted to retain the top tank and couldn't install a 3 core as the botton tank was too narrow. I am running an 8 blade viscous fan, shroud, with a mild 360, 4 speed with a 160 t-stat. Temp on hot days would creep up above 200 on the highway w/the old stock 2 core unit. 2 hour trip back from Carlisle this year, w/outside temps in the 90's, the temp was stuck at 195 in the dead of heat for most of the trip. It did creep up a bit pullin a hill which is normal. Very pleased w/the results and still retained the stock appearing rad.

-
Back