radio removal - '68 barracuda

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
with this ralley dash - the plastic bezel appears to have four screws across the top and four on the bottom - can I remove this bezel leaving all else underneath intact so I can get at the screws holding the front of radio in the dash? Have never had this bezel off or loosened before. thnks for any comments.

Heater controls, instrument cluster, everything will come with it.

Typically you need to lower the steering column to get it out.

Alan

No. Just pull the dash bracket 68/69 and the nuts on the rear of the two mount studs and remove, after disconnecting the power and antenna. You might want to download a service manual from
myMopar.net if you have not already.

thanks, sounds better if I'm just after the radio. So the front bezel stays in place and I loosen the the two main radio bolts from behind if I understand you correctly. Yes manual seems to cover pretty well except it did not mention removal of any front bezel so that is why I asked about it..

Yes, the bezel is attached to the cluster so it must be pulled as a unit. The radio comes out without doing that.

Last edited:
Is the lower small bracket in place? It mounts from the radio down to the lower portion of the dash frame and supports the radio from behind.

thanks both you guys - I think I got this..*

*roughly equivalent to: "hold my beer a minute, I want to try something.."

-
Back