Rainy day/intake swap

-

65Vart

Reaction score
Rainy day. Finally installing the old school D4B. My 71 is in for paint and I finally have room to walk around the car. Holy Crap, I Need to mount the coil on the firewall.

Attachments

• IMG_0252.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0250.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 139
Is the bypass hose fitting the right size to match your water pump? I am having one made to match on my truck.

Not sure, The guy I bought it from says he baked it on. It looks too silver to me and I was going to have it bead blasted. I was actually thinking of painting it 273 red.

Don't forget that it not be as noticeable once the carb and air cleaner are back on. I think that it looks really nice. JMO

Looks great Wally! Keep the color as is, adds a nice pop to the engina bay! We discovered with dads car that if we put the LD4B on we would have to figger out where to mount the coil too. You could modify a coil bracket and have it mount under one of the rear carb bolts??

Looks great Wally! Keep the color as is, adds a nice pop to the engina bay! We discovered with dads car that if we put the LD4B on we would have to figger out where to mount the coil too. You could modify a coil bracket and have it mount under one of the rear carb bolts??

Either that or autozone usually sells a chrome coil cover and mount for $20. I know, it's chrome. But it can be painted and mount the coil to firewall

-
Back