Rajay E trim Turbo

-

Bakerlite

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a good Rajay 325 E 10-1 Turbo here I want to put on a 318.
Does anyone know what it's HP limit is?. It's a little hard to find info on this old one but I have read on the net it will support up to 425 HP. I'm only looking at a max of 6 psi on this engine and 5000-5500 RPM max with no intercooler.
Thanks

Measure the Compressor Inducer in Millimeter....flip it over....measure the turbine exducer in millimeter....report back.

The only issue with running a turbo that is "too small".....is the fact that the exhaust side cant get the air out of the housing fast enough and it has to "overspin" the turbo to exhaust the engines gases throughout the rpm band....and even worse at 5500rpm....overheating the air to the point will it will be almost impossible to tune a fuel curve that wont kill the engine period.

I say, sell the Rajay and start with something that's more in line with the proper sizing that's required for your engines base cfm.

I don't have a forced induction degree or anything so...throw that in the measurement.

Thanks, I got word from someone who has used this before and it will be OK fro what I want to do.

-
Back