Ralley Dash??

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
Can someone post a photo of a ralley dash for a 67 Barracuda please?
I am getting ready to remove my front end and dash and would like to
rebuild my dash into a ralley dash. Also------does anyone know who can
refurbish the dash panels? I used CV vacume platers in Vancouver for my Comet and was happy with their work but it almost looks like one could paint
these Mopar dashes. Just looking for suggestions from the brain trust!
TIA, Rat

Hey DesertRat I will be doing the same conversion on my 71 Swinger but am in the early stages. Are going to cut a regular dash to fit the rallye gauge cluster? That was my plan. I with keep subscribed to this and try to help as I get further along. If you have a source that rechromes the plastic that is ultimitaly the best option.

My current dash has the 120 mph speedo with a working vacume gauage in the center. I was hoping to see a photo of what the stock ralley dash looked like. I think a tach goes in the center section but I don't know the differences beyond that. I have a spare dash with all the gauges which is cool as my ammeter is hosed. Any additional info will be much appreciated.
TIA, Rat

Yes, even posted to it. If I go by that, I already have a ralley dash in my car and just need to change the vacume gauage to a tach. I don't have the thumb knobs in my stock dash but the parts dash does. It has other damage though. I guess I will find a tach for the center and refurbish as is.
Thanks, Rat

Can someone post a photo of a ralley dash for a 67 Barracuda please?
I am getting ready to remove my front end and dash and would like to
rebuild my dash into a ralley dash. Also------does anyone know who can
refurbish the dash panels? I used CV vacume platers in Vancouver for my Comet and was happy with their work but it almost looks like one could paint
these Mopar dashes. Just looking for suggestions from the brain trust!
TIA, Rat

http://vae-restorations.com/default.aspx
I sould be getting mine back (1971 ralley) in the next few days......will post pics....

the 67 rallye dash could have a blank or a vacuum performance guage or a tach in the center pod. I dont think the clock was offered until 68.
There are other differences though. The 67 heater controller and radio mounted different from 68 up. 68 up has an added screw near the wiper switch 68 up too. It was added for support of the thumb wheel radio. lLke the cigarette lighter was moved due to the lower dash pads in 68 only, those changed remained through 71. Anyway.. The potmetal gauge housing and bezel for 67 are 67 only.

Redfish is correct.

DSC04130.JPG

DSC04171.JPG

DSC04174.JPG

Matthon, thank you for posting the photo. Except for the 150MPH speedo, that is my dash. I think I will just change the center vacume guage to an aftermarket tach and call it good. Thanks guys!
Rat

I will look in the morning to see where I got the tach from but looks and fits like the original, It has electronic insides though so it works like new.

-
Back