Read before posting !

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Members Restorations Forum

My idea for this forum was for members to keep a running journal of the restoration of there car. This means each member should only start one thread here. For example. AdamRs Scamp, I started the thread and keep updating my progress. Also see RumbleFish's Duster for a good example.

You should only have more then one thread here if you are building more then one car.

Please do not post questions here unless they are with in your Resto thread.

I have been moving and merging threads so if you posted something here and you can not find it try the search function or PM me. :thumbup:

i like the setup idea Adam, thats what i though it was gonna be like so i made one and only one, it seemed to get cluttered and got way to many posts....good reminder :thumbup:

yeah i have one only b/c i like seeing the progress within one post. Gives me a better sense of how far I've come and allows others to see that too.

I'm one of the guilty of more than one thread,SORRY!:eek:ops:
If you wanna delete my threads it's cool with me i didn't know how this was being run.
If you wanna delete my trunk floor thread also i'll just start a fresh thread of my heap.

Kev there were a bunch, not just yours. I can merge them all together to make one thread. I just havent finished yet.

Just hit the post reply button and add to the thread. Take a look at my post and you;ll see what I mean. I just keep adding to the thread. Its over 10 pages now.

Adamr,
I boo boo'd on my resto thread placement!
I started it in Slant 6 Discussions. Is there any way to completely move it into this area without having to redo it? If so let me know so I can get it moved here. The title is: 1970 Dart GT - A Day in the Life

Later,
Bruce B.

Adam,
I want to tell you that you have done a great job with this site. I have been going to other mopar sites/forums and I can't find a thing without wading through a pile of stuff to find something I might wnat to read. Organizing this site by catagories is a great way to go, keep it up.
Those were the kudos now for the gripe.
A few weeks ago I got your news letter. There was a thread called Captainkirks Duster.Being an old time Trekkie I innocently opened it and started to read.A day and a half later I was eagerly awaiting the next installment. How dare you not put a warning label on that thread! What a read.LOL
He has inspired me to write the story of my car youth. But here is the question do you want me to start that as a seperate thread from the actual documentation of the new build or post it as one?
Andrew
you can PM me

Adam,
I am a moron and posted more than one thread on members restorations under the same heading (so Padro calls me one day) please delete the ones that you think are wrong and leave the best one.

Hi Adam,I believe my car has become more than a Early A-body disscussion.It,s in the Early A bodies disscussion forum,under Finally the 66 Dart is here!Could I have it moved to Members Restorations?Thanks.Could you PM me if you can move it or if it doesn,t have to be moved.

My car will be done and there will be no thread. Im one who gets buzy and dont think about pictures till its too late.

Adam, I just found out about this great resource last week after 10 months of stumbling around for help in my '65 GT resto. I read you loud and clear about sticking to one thread (?where does that word come from?) and yet at 54 yrs. I'm pretty lame about using a computer. I've started out this week posting three different threads(?) about my panic over putting in an 8 3/4 rear and members helped me immensely to find my way through that. Should or can I delete those and start fresh to interact more effectively? I want to get member help about what best way to restore and dye my dashpad and armrests and wonder if I can retitle my thread so that it top-posts and gets the attention I need? Thanks for the great work you do, Frank Miller

Just a quick question on this Adam. I posted seperate threads on a couple things that I did to my build. I thought they were kind of specific and members who weren't following my resto thread might be interested. I am talking about my "rallye dash el cheapo resto" thread. I also have it in my "changing colors" thread. Was this a no no? If so I am sorry about that.
Actually I might have done it with my shifter knob resto as well.#-o

Just a quick question on this Adam. I posted seperate threads on a couple things that I did to my build. I thought they were kind of specific and members who weren't following my resto thread might be interested. I am talking about my "rallye dash el cheapo resto" thread. I also have it in my "changing colors" thread. Was this a no no? If so I am sorry about that.
Actually I might have done it with my shifter knob resto as well.#-o

I was wondering something similar,if I have questions or need help should I post in my resto thread, the item specific thread or is it ok to do it in both?

Ahhh.....when someone first posts....how do they know that is what the idea was?
Just courious....as a guilty party.....looking for answers....from good nice people who know more than me.....sorry...?

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless."

Damn....I like this.....!!!!!

Thank you- I fail to understand why people insist on new posts with questions in this area. There are other areas which are more or less clearly labeled on the board for this function and you will get your question answered far more quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back