Ready to pull the trigger on rear sway bar set up 70 Dart, 8 3|4 axle....

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Too many selections to wade through

KYB Gas adjust on rear

Adjustable snubber

Appears to be no factory hardware to mount it.

Who has had an arrangement that worked well ?

thanks in advance

Addco rear bar set up. Uses 2 square u-bolts that you mount through the frame rail. Requires hole drilling. These mount the upper brackets for the links. I don't like the brackets to mount the bar to the housing but ours never moved in the 7 years this set up was on the kids Duster. Why a snubber? You're either racing or doing aggressive cornering. A snubber is generally set up close to the floor for racing but this is usually too close for street driving. Unless you have nice smooth streets your snubber will probably hit the floor. You can always lower it and raise it as needed.

Addco rear bar set up. Uses 2 square u-bolts that you mount through the frame rail. Requires hole drilling. These mount the upper brackets for the links. I don't like the brackets to mount the bar to the housing but ours never moved in the 7 years this set up was on the kids Duster. Why a snubber? You're either racing or doing aggressive cornering. A snubber is generally set up close to the floor for racing but this is usually too close for street driving. Unless you have nice smooth streets your snubber will probably hit the floor. You can always lower it and raise it as needed.
Snubber, I might lurk over to the drag strip once in a whie, with M/T Street Drag Radials 235 60R 14's on the rear, depends on the weather , lol

Last edited:
I 2nd the Addco rear bar. I usedthe3/4 in diameter to compliment the large Helwig bar on the front. They provide a template for the holes in the frame rail so it wasn’t a too difficult installation

I have installed both Hellwig and Hotchkis rear sway bars. The install is a little different, the Hotchkis requires welding on the hangers while the Hellwig can be a "bolt on" operation. The Hotchkis install is probably a bit cleaner though.

Addco has very cheap hardware.

I have installed both Hellwig and Hotchkis rear sway bars. The install is a little different, the Hotchkis requires welding on the hangers while the Hellwig can be a "bolt on" operation. The Hotchkis install is probably a bit cleaner though.

Addco has very cheap hardware.
I noticed the cheap hardware on a Addco front bar , once

I noticed the cheap hardware on a Addco front bar , once

Hey if you like it go for it, but then why ask for advice?

Both the Hellwig and Hotchkis bars are high quality bars, with high quality hardware, detailed instructions, and good available support. At least they used to be, I've heard Hotchkis has been a bit hit-and-miss in the support department since they relocated. But honestly they have step by step, detailed pictures in their instructions that cover pretty much anything you could run into.

I personally wouldn't waste my time with Addco, or buying new hardware or modifying stuff because the hardware that came with the kit is cheap/ill fitting. There's plenty of threads here describing Addco installs and the extra work, parts, time required. Yeah, they're cheaper, and it's pretty obvious why.

-
Back