REAL crowded day at "Car d' Lane"

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Went to the car show on my trike. People "nuts ta butts" we used ta say in the Navy.

Gave up getting photos. Just getting Up/ down off the trike is a chore, but you get 15 ft from a car, there's 30 people in the way. These shots were lucky, "less crowded" at the time. Further downtown, no feekin way. Love the old hemi.

The 440-6 is almost exactly like my old car, except mine was 4 speed, no console, and had the "dust trails" 'er whatever they're called along the sides. Never found the owner, don't even know if it was a "real" 6 pak, or even a RR. Hood is gloss black, which the originals were not.

Boy, do I miss that instrument panel!!!!!!

The thing is, I've decided this car show is a real stupid deal. Just like everything in this town, the city govt just HAS to "get people downtown," and what they consider "downtown" is somewhere in the visual relm of Hagadone's castle. The car owners have to pay to show, but the spectators get in free!!!!!

But the big problem is, the cars are crowded in too tight, poor room around 'em, and the crowds are thick and have no room to disperse.

This is a completely different format from ones like "The Good Guys" held at the Spokane Fairgrounds, where there is room to ramble, relax, and get back, wait for a few seconds, and get photos.

Attachments

• _MG_6700cs.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 159
  • _MG_6701cs.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 129
  • _MG_6704cs.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 152
  • _MG_6723cs.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 131
  • _MG_6724cs.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 162
  • _MG_6725cs.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 127
  • _MG_6729cs.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 149
  • _MG_6726cs.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 149
Thanks,67 .Love the Road Runner!. Same here in the Pismo Beach car show. Usually,200,000to 250,000 make the rounds. Tried to cruise through today. Took 45 minutes, to go 4 miles. That's still 2 miles from the damn show.

went to a CDA car show a couple years ago, pretty lame. now if your talkn the old wooden boat show on the lake, now that's something to go to.
we have hot august nights here in the LC valley, 3 or 4 day event, cruizn, bands and car show. pretty big event.

you got it !! Lewiston, Idaho in mid august. it's a big event

Thanks for the pics and Thank You for your Service
flag38.gif

Sounds cool..Sure beats the silliness of Sparks and,Reno.

-
Back