Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Contact seller
Ok I bought these from a fellow member thinking they were for a 69 340, but they arent. No big deal, mistake on my part. I talked to the seller to make sure he was fine with me posting them on here for sale. He said he was fine with that, so here they are. They may be "correct" for other 340's. They are in really nice shape, all tabs are there, one has been painted, and the other one has been cleaned and needs paint. I am asking what I paid for them $70. I will ship whatever way you want, but the local Post office is 2 minutes away and couriers are approx 1/2 hour away. Plus I have an acct with Canada Post, so I get a better ship price. I believe they may fit other engines as well...273 318 340 360, but I am not sure.

Attachments

• DSCF0262 (Medium).JPG
    91 KB · Views: 685
  • DSCF0263 (Medium).JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 698
  • DSCF0264 (Medium).JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 693
  • DSCF0265 (Medium).JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 699
Steve,Those sure look like 340 Valve covers to me. Maybe they are 68? I think you are more than fair on your asking price!If I was looking for a set,I would be all over these! Good luck on the sale,but looking at them you don't need luck! Craig.

Thanks Craig, as you and I both know it's been difficult to figure out what is what with valve covers. I know for sure that the one side isnt "correct" for 69, it'll work but picky me is looking for "correct". I have no idea if they are 68 340 or not, but they are in really nice shape.

superdart and 1968formulas can you post pics of your 68 340 covers for reference?? I know the diff in 69's but not sure of 68's...either way nice shape!!

We really should create a valve cover reference chart.

The real difference between standard V8 valve covers and 340 valve covers (only talking about some years here) is the channel on the passenger side valve cover.

this can be fabbed in about 10 minutes sheet steel and attached with your preferred method (pinch welder, epoxy, whatever…..).

My guess is those are 1969 small block valve covers. Probably the closest thing you will find to actual 340 valve covers.

I wouldn't be in a rush to sell them. 99% of the people won't know the difference.

Hey Steve;These look just like my 69 318 covers. Sorry they are not what you wanted,we all have bought some things that didn't exactly fit the bill.Last part I bought here wasnt even for a V8.Happy hunting!

Here is a set of 69 v/c the one u have with the stove pipe is correct for 69 340 the difference is the wire harness holder see the pic

Attachments

• 100_0790.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 629
Steve, What I'm seeing in the last post by Superdart340 is 69 covers.They look like yours! Correct me if I'm wrong,but I would hang on to the ones you have put up for sale! Just my 2 cents. Craig

Hey Mt Nemo what in the hell was that?? Sum kinda **** link?? I have a set of 69 340just like superdart posted. I think we all agree the only diff is in the pass side. Part of the problem with them is that there is no stamping of part #'s I believe the part #'s were only on a paper tag. Anyway thats why I put the title as V8 valve covers, I dont want to mislead anyone. Thanks for all the input guys. Oh by the way they are still for sale!!

Like I said above. Fab up that wire holder for the pass side, stick it on and instant 340 valve covers.

I close up pic of that holder would help.

Like I said above. Fab up that wire holder for the pass side, stick it on and instant 340 valve covers.

I close up pic of that holder would help.

I have a set for my 340, I dont want to fab up and pass them off as 69 340. I just want what I have into them. They are a really nice clean set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back