Rear bumper question

-

MOPARFIVE

Midwest Moparz
Reaction score
Can you retrofit the 70-73 Duster rear bumper to fit on the 74-76 Duster? I like the look of the smaller ones but wonder if the bumper will sit and mount ok on the later Dusters. I have the earlier brackets and a nice clean one ready to go but I don't want to take my old one off if it wont work. Thanks for any help mopar brothers and sisters.

Not sure if the back panel changed from those years. If it didn't I am sure it would work. Only one way to find out :)

Yes it can be done. Here is a pic of me holding a 70-73 bumper up to my 75 Duster. You will need to use th 70-73 mounts and rill some holes in the back panel for them. If your car has the shock mounts you may need to fill the hole in the rear panel as on of the bolts for the early mount may need to go there. May also be able to mod the mount some how.

My 75 bumper and shock mounts were just over 80 lb:sad1:
70-73 is around 25 lb:thumbup:

about 55 lb weight loss:headbang: You can do the front too.

Attachments

• 100_1894.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 118
hey burnt. what did you use to fill the shock holes?? u jest weld in sheet metal?? im in the process of doing this too. .

hey burnt. what did you use to fill the shock holes?? u jest weld in sheet metal?? im in the process of doing this too. .

Have not done it yet. I am building a drag car and using a glass bumper so I was going to make lighter mounts any way and just make sure I stay away from the holes when I do.

But ya if I was going to use stock mounts I would just weld in some metal.

-
Back