Rear hood pin mounting on a Duster

-

392Mopar

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm installing a pin on hood on my 72 Duster and was wondering if anyone has pictures or ideas on how to mount the rear pins. I was thinking about making a bracket to attatch to the firewall but I'm not sure how to attatch it seeing as I cant get to the backside for bolts. What are you guys doing with a lift off hood with 4 corner pins?

Butch

Im not 100% here but I have seen alot of guys on here are using brackets that mount to the sides of the inner fenders .....you just reach up into the fender well to nut and bolt the bracket on ( or I have seen guys use the fender bolts as the attaching points for the brackets also) ....and you mount your pins to the brackets. it's pretty straight forward.

you should be able to purchase a kit that has these brackets in them.

I also see alot of guys using multiples of those brackets down the sides of the inner fenders and using the fancy flush mount locking hold downs ( cant think of the exact name of them off hand ).

hope thats of some help.

Thats a good idea, think I'll go with a bracket on the inner fender. Yeah the hood was set up with Dzus fasteners ( those flush mount 1/4 turns) but thats a pain for a street car. So I filled them all in and will run 4 corner pins. Thanks

Butch

Heres what I ended up doing for the pins, I actually found brackets that would work from something I had? Probably trim then down a little but they seem real sturdy!!!!

Butch

Attachments

• DSC02883 (Medium).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC02884 (Medium).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC02885 (Medium).jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC02895 (Medium).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 226
make it easy on yourself...

note you need access to behind the heater and fresh air vent

for the front ones use the bolt hole where the fender bolt goes... just open the hole up and remove the J clip... then you can use the stock bumper and now have a pin!

Attachments

• 100_3485.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 100_3486.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 193
-
Back