-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dustoff440

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Raise the rearend of your 67 and up Mopar up to 3 inches with this easy to install rear shock extenders. $15.00 each package, one package will extend both rear shocks., $5.20 flat rate to ship anywhere in US. Plenty of them available.

Attachments

• 100_0204.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,216
Only if you have air shocks or overloads.

Perhaps you are remembering or making reference to a different product. i used a set of these years ago to avoid exactly that; I wanted to cheaply raise the rear but did not want to have to buy and install air shocks, shackles or overloads to raise the height of the car. from what I remember of it and according to the instructions I have provided here, just remove the end that you will be putting the shock extension on only

Attachments

• 100_0207.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 773
putting those onto stock shocks alone will not raise the rear end, they will allow the rear end to rise maybe an additional 3 inches under hard accerleration maybe.

Shock extentions were made years ago to extend your shock when installing stronger arched springs. Your shocks would would not be long enough so you would need these . But They were advertised as helping raise the car, because alot of guys were using them to extend their air shocks or coil shocks to get a little more lift so there big tires sticking out of the quarters wouldn't rub as bad. I recently had a 66 GTO come in for a bad rattle and knock in the back. It was the coil springs , the air shocks had them lifted off of their seats, extensions top and bottom , tires rubbing the front of the quarters from the rear being pushed down and front. Also in the past the upper shock holes were destroyed from the air shocks taking all of the load of the car. remember following cars with these on. Their lower shock rubbers were totally destroyed.I was one of them. Sorry I am just going (back in the days). Since the new technology of shocks today and all the lengths available. I would say these are for an old timer like me. But my son would cut them in half if I was to bolt them on one of our cars. Some of the things made back then are still being sold today, because people buy them to save money. And some things still serve a purpose. I believe these do, but not for lifting just for extending

I thought some advise on this site would be could for all. They could deffinately be use to extend standard length shocks on a car that was lifted with springs. I think there was just a thread on here where someones shocks were to short for their car after the installation of ss springs.

I thought some advise on this site would be could for all. They could deffinately be use to extend standard length shocks on a car that was lifted with springs. I think there was just a thread on here where someones shocks were to short for their car after the installation of ss springs.[/QUOt your right that would help in that case

Ok now that everyone knows what they will or won't do, same as before $15.00 or TRADE for whatever.

I also have some fuel logs and master cylinder covers available as well as valve cover wing nuts and headerbolts available. I don't think that we need a 13 reply post on the merits of each one of those.

Thank you. Dustoff

You know I am thinking of buying these darn things for my truck after all of this. I put a two inch lift on my one dodge and the shocks were short . I only had an inch left to pull out on the shock.

Price reduced to $12.50, need to sell some of these have a dozen or so of them got them in a trade.

Do you still have these? your PM mail box is full and wont accept any emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back