Rear shocks, what are you using?

-

Dartvader440gt

Reaction score
Getting ready to install the 8 3/4 rear end. What are you using for shocks? My specs are 69 Dart GT, 440/727 3.23 SG with SS leaf springs. Mini tubbed. Mostly street driving with the occasional trip down the track.

Last edited:
Viking double adjustable. Measure what you actually need. Great product that will help you hook and can surely be dialed in for street.

My super stock springs car is using competition engineering 3-way adjustables.
On the other two, I'm not sure what they are. Could be summit version adjustable shocks on the nine second ladder bar car, and who-knows-what adjustable coil-overs on the four link car. Could be Qa1, could be Aldan.
For your car? I'd buy CE, Lakewood, or even Summit 3-ways. Just be sure they are long enough not to top-out at launch. The Mopar shock Scott referenced is a perfectly valid choice too!
You can spend anywhere between $50 and $1000 for shocks. You don't need $1000 shocks.

Edit: Just saw 528's post above. Vikings are excellent shocks for a budget price. If I decide to change my coil-overs, I will buy Vikings.

Last edited:
I also have Ranchos on the rear of my Dart Sport & Aspen Wagon race only with SS springs - RS999116 single adjustable. Calvert also had their brand relabeled for them but I don't know if there was any difference.

The newest Ranchos are RS999116 but I don't know what they upgraded. The last time they added a "9", they went from RS9116 3-way to RS99116 9-way. But they have different lengths in the part number grouping in the list below..

Rancho part # and spec sheet.

L1 are the Mopar bushing ends - 5/8" hole & 1 5/16" wide.

-
Back