Rearend width's

-

nasty68

Reaction score
I am planning on putting a 8 3/4 in my 68 dart. I want to use a ladder bar setup with coil overs. My question is what width rearend and wheels with backspacing are you guys running? I will be moving the wheel tubs in also. I know the best thing is too measure but i am just curious as to what everyone is running. Thanks, John

I know alot of people leave the rear stock lengnth and run a deep 6.5" back spacing on a 10" rim.

Im about to mini tubb mine and for now Im running a 15X8.5" rim with 5" backspacing. I plan on changing to a 15X10.5" with 7.25" backspacing though.

Just thought i would throw the question out there. I just have the 7 1/4 rear now and want to get a 8 3/4, but the a-body rears require a arm and a leg. I figured it would be cheaper to find a b-body rear and have it cut down. Just not sure how much. The only problem that i see with running alot of backspacing is that i have read about people having a hard time getting the wheels off the car and that it would be easier with something like 3.5 inch backspacing.

Thats very true. If you have to have a rear shortend I would just order the wheels you want and measure it up. If your going with a 15X10 I would think that a 5" backspacing would work well.

Well mine is getting a little too wide. Time to go on a diet. Oh, your talking about the car's rear end. :eek:ops:

-
Back