Rearview Mirror Orientation

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Can you guys confirm that the rear view mirror in my '66 Dart is upside down? I've seen them both ways, but this way looks off in my opinion. It's supposed to be wider at the bottom, right?

1722296232282.png

Try it both ways and see what you like. I’m sure it looks right to you one or the other. On my 66’ Barracuda the wider part is down. It the way it was since I bought the car in 1989.
IMG_7292.jpeg

my 70 Darts are wider at the top and they are day/night mirrors, so there is definitely only one way for them to be...

No Dart here, but just went down to look at my Barracudas. My '65 is wider part down. One '66 (day/night) is wider part down. My other '66 is wider part up. Go figure. Not sure how they all got that way. :)

Thanks guys. I found a photo from when I got the car in 2006. The wider part was down. I did notice I'll have a little more visibility with the roll cage with the wider part to the top. I'll probably just bolt up the seat and go with whatever works best for me from there.

1722312180558.png

Wider part up or wider part down, depending on which mirror you have. If it's a day-night item, the control goes on the bottom. If it's not day-night, it's wide-up at least through '66.

Wider part up or wider part down, depending on which mirror you have. If it's a day-night item, the control goes on the bottom. If it's not day-night, it's wide-up at least through '66.
Interesting! Thank you Dan. Mine's not a day-night mirror, so I guess it's wide part up. It's strange to me how variable they seem to be. I'm seeing them both ways on cars that have likely never had the mirrors removed.

-
Back