Rebuilding 727. What should I order

-

mini

Small Bore Long Stroke
Reaction score
I have a nice long tail 727 SB that I want to prep for street strip. I want to keep the forward valve body config but want it to hold up for years. What should I change out and look for. Thanks

It all depends on what it has in it. There were many variations that would determine what should be updated or replaced. Get good at posting pics.

First pull in and out on the input shaft to determine end play. A general idea is okay, like 1/8' 3/16"; something like that.

Mini, what number is the one you are starting with? Above the pan on the rail on the driver's side.

I will take a look. The only work I did on this was put in a b&m shift kit.
What I want is something that will hold together at 600+ hp

Opinions may vary.... but I won’t run a 727 on a track that doesn’t have the stock front drum replaced with either the billet steel or aluminum unit.

U can also get the light rotating assambly from TCS in Langley BC. It saves 7.27 lbs with the alum drum. With the steel lined alum drum it saves 6.5 lbs. I did the alum drum with steel liner with all the light weight stuff. Kim

This is the 1st thing you need....

Watching this right now. I have a general question regarding automatic transmission rebuilding. The guy uses pet-jelly on everything. I'm sure it's the way to do it, but I've only ever seen it used on things like roller bearings etc to keep them in place, then basically drenching every part in transmission fluid (aside from "soaking" the clutches), during assembly.

The video is a little old, but is this still the way to do it? Is there a better way? I plan on rebuilding a 727 in a few months, maybe sooner.

-=C

-
Back