Status
Not open for further replies.

mismy69swinger

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Ok hang with me its my first time so it might hurt.:glasses7:
I picked up a car last week and the guy wouldnt sale it to me unless i bought everything. It's a 12/01/78 date 318? maybe .30 over looks like it has new valves and seals with a forged steel crank with some purple on the cam shaft dont know if that means good or not cause thats all I know about the cam could be bored or could not be bored the guy that built this is in prison for life and this kid was telling me about it. He said his dad work on the start of the six pack for dodge. And knew how to build motors really well.
I have a 340 so i dont want it. You can have it for 2200.00
and I have a holley 650 double pumper model 8050b i think you can have it for 175.00 oh god I hope I can up load these pics. pm me or ask me here.
Im in Dallas Tx.75089 I feel like I forgot something Oh!!!! I think its for an auto

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

010.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

ok can someone tell me what they think its worth? motor and or carb? i dont sale part much so im kinda in the dark here thanks Chris

Hi, I am not being a 'ball buster' but thats alot of money for a cast crank 318 with stock heads. The carb is priced well in my opinion but with this stuff the 'less is more' practice should be reversed. This will require LOTS of engine info on internals. Just by the pics it appears the motor has been sitting awhile due to the rust/film on the pushrods and the bottoms of the valve springs. Not a bad thing, but if i was selling a motor I would want to know everything about it down to the smallest detail because anything missed would come back to bite you. If i was in the market to buy a motor I would be asking everything about it. Just an opinion but 5 to 8 hundred is about going rate these days on a motor like the one you have depending on what all was done (including sitting time) and could be worth more if more was done to it on assembly.
Chas.

It's a 12/01/78 date 318? maybe .30 over looks like it has new valves and seals with a forged steel crank with some purple on the cam shaft dont know if that means good or not cause thats all I know about the cam could be bored or could not be bored the guy that built this is in prison for life and this kid was telling me about it.

Well if indeed the crank is forged than you have to wounder if the pistons were upgraded too.

If everything is forged-crank, pistons-and has new valves, etc and zero time since the rebuild $2,200 is a fair price. Big question is what does it have for sure?

Paint looks pretty but we need to see inside to know for sure. Right now its a gamble not knowing what its got. So as is, I would not risk more than a $1,000 for it (and that still might be after pulling a head off.

thanks guys for the info anything anyone has to say about any ad i put up helps me i think. i really just didnt want to take the thing apart i mean if was a hemi motor or something really rare i would think it would be worth it. but i guess I might have to take a head and oil pan off. look for up dates

IS the Carb NEW -used - or RE-built ? and I guess manual choke ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back