Recieved my slant six back

-

moparlady

Reaction score
Received my 225 Slant 6 back from the machine shop,where I work at.Everything looks good and using the original head.I got this for free and saved it from going in the scrap pile from a junkyard I go to for used parts.Took the head which hardened valve seats were installed.Had the original soft valve seats.It included the crank,block and pistons.I now have to put it back together and always been a great fan of this engine.Could not kill it and ran forever.I am putting this one in a 1968 Dodge Dart which came with the slant six which was gone.I can put the bottom end back together in so far.My other parts are on order.I am using the big block rear main seal,say this does cure the rear main seal problems.This is my first one I am building up for high performance

there is something about a high performance slant six (some say it is the equivolant of building a mopar)
what are you doing to get her to cough up the ponies?

Aftermarket intake and headers.Found out the factory exhaust manifold was cracked when I tore it apart.When the head was apart,it was ported.I am going with this main seal, Performance-Engine-Seals

If you need a new exhaust manifold (The old ones get the typical crack..) get a hold of these guys at silver seal in downriver MI... I bought a new exhaust manifold from them with brackets and fasteners delivered to my door in three days for $200...

Silver Seal Products Home

Welcome to FABO... :welcome:

What part of michigan are you in??? Hold up your right hand and point for me.... :poke: (It's a Michigan thing...) :D

Did you shave the head at all to get the compression up some?

[QUOTE="krazykuda, post: 1971381580, member: ]
What part of michigan are you in??? Hold up your right hand and point for me.... :poke: (It's a Michigan thing...) :D[/QUOTE]
I tried asking her that, there is a car show in my "hometown" a few weeks from now, if it's not too far from her she should stop by

Shaved the head about .010 and using an aftermarket intake that accepts a 4 barrel carb,an Offenhauser intake

Last edited:
-
Back