recoving seats??

-

440valiant

cuda
Reaction score
hey there,

i was just wondering if any one has tried to recover there own seats?? if they have how hard was it and how did they turn out??

thanks

I did my seats in my 70 dart front is a split bench no problem just take your
time. Thay turned out real nice. got mine from legendery and fit on like a glove dont forget to get new hog rings. Good luck

Yeah legendary, I overstuffed my back seat and got it nice and warm in the sun and it went on like a dream. pull and stretch: line up the seams nice and you'll do fine

I did the entire interior on my 72 Cutlass. Got all the parts from Year One - expensive maybe, but worth it in fit and quality. I did it inthe winter so I brought everything into my den to warm it up. I put the seat covers in the dryer for just a few seconds- worked great but CAUTION, they will melt if left too long and your wife will not be happy with the mess! (ask me how I know). This is not a difficult job, but you may need a friend or two to stand on the springs.

Bench seats aint so bad. The bottom skins fit tight and you will need a piece of 2X6 across the springs and helper(s) to stand on it. Bucket seats are a pain. Might be best to let a local upholstery shop do those.

-
Back