Red Deer Swap Meet 2019

-

winky

Not So Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I didn't see this in the events forum but I did see it last mentioned a few years ago in this one.

Central Alberta Vintage Auto Club 50th Annual Red Deer Swap Meet
May 3, 2019 to May 4, 2019
Time: Friday – 3:00pm – 8:00pm, Saturday – 8:00am – 4:00pm
Where: Westerner Park, Red Deer
Upcoming Events | CAVAC - Upcoming Events - CAVAC Events - The 50th Annual Red Deer Swap Meet

I go almost every year, not always a lot of Mopar stuff but you never know what you find at these things.

Not as big as Portland in February which I want to make it to some year soon.

I've never counted the vendors but there's three buildings involved and plenty of variety.

If that doesn't help then there's also a Gun Show in the smaller building next door Events | Red Deer Gun Show | Westerner Park

Not as big as Portland in February which I want to make it to some year soon.

I've never counted the vendors but there's three buildings involved and plenty of variety.

If that doesn't help then there's also a Gun Show in the smaller building next door Events | Red Deer Gun Show | Westerner Park

Yes, Portland is pretty big...been there several times...about the same percentage Mopar as other swaps...10-15%. Weather is usually the big downer for Portland...no fun walking miles in the rain, not to mention all the sellers that don't show up in the rain either.

So not a bad meet, 300ish vendors, about 10-15% Mopar as expected and as always, plenty of neat old stuff all over the place. We usually get snow on the way back but this time it was on the way in and icy enough that it was a mess getting up the hill just north of Innisfail, tractor/trailers were chaining up and some cars were just stopped in the middle of the highway. When we finally got to the Westerner the parking lot was just over half full and the outside vendors were shovelling wet snow off their spots. Once inside it was busy enough with people and lots of them were carrying stuff so I guess there were enough "deals" to go around. I didn't get anything for my Barracuda but I had a few nice chats with some of the vendors and I did find my wife a little something so I wasn't in trouble when I got home! I'll try again next year...
IMG_1668.JPG

-
Back