Red grill surounds

-

sinlinson

Reaction score
Posted this on faceBook, figured I'd try here. I bought my 68' Barracuda in 1977. It was bright Blue. But had red grill surounds and red around the tail light panel. Itwas an odd combination. Looked factory, but someone could have done it themselves. I painted the car black, and it definetly looked better. Over the years I've seen other Barracuda's with simial treatments. Was this an option from the factory or just happens theeat some people do this to their cars?

68 cuda red grill surround.jpg

74 cuda red grill suround.jpg

I've got a 67 B'cuda. I've always felt that the factory painting inside of grille surrounds the generic argent gray was a copout/shortcut. I've told myself if I ever pull those grilles again for any reason, I will paint the surrounds body color (which is red).
I did rub away the argent and polish out the aluminum. When one walks up to the car and looks closely, they can see the grille surround wasn't completed at the top via reflection. So if I did apply a gloss body paint there, I would need to complete the surround tops first.

-
Back