Redrilled rear axles

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
I just picked up a very nice/clean set of a body 8 3/4 rear axles that have been redrilled and 3" studs. The question is that the oringal stud holes are not filled in, do I need to have the filled or are the ok to use with out filling? :scratch:
The guy I got them from said he ran them with 500HP with no problems, he finially went to a narrowed rearend, and I bought them for $100.00.
Also how much HP do you think they can handle?

you might want to fill them in anyway, but re-drilled axles can usually handle some power, but not as much as new ones from moser or something like that. the power handling will pretty much depend on how big the studs are (1/2" or 7/16") and how good the splines are where it meets the center

Thanks, I think I will just run them.

I have also just picked up a pair of used (500 miles) s/s springs 002/003 for $100.00 and a 8 gallon JAZ fuel cell for $25.00 just needed a good cleaning on the out side. :cheers:

hey 67,
i sent my axles,drums(front and back) to moser and had them redrilled for the BIG BOLT PATTERN ....moser didnt fill mine in either and ive gone 12.00 so far and hopefully some high 11's in a couple of weeks!!!

RUN UM!!!!! :thumrigh:

-
Back