Redrilling drums

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
Has anyone redrilled their rear drums or has everyone just send them out. What did it cost to send them out including shipping?
Is there a mask to locate the new bolt pattern for doing at home?

I'm not a big fan of "home modifying" something as critical to my safety as a brake drum. New drums are available fairly inexpensively- have you looked into that? I'd say that the cost to send a set out and have them custom drilled would approach the cost of new. You've also got to consider how much meat is left on your current drums in the first place.

Bob

I have new drums 10 x 1 3/4 an odd size, but they have the 4" bolt pattern. I put in new axles with the 4 1/2" pattern and don't see any other solution.

Redrilled 8 3/4 a body axles,4.5",from moser. How dose the effect the rear drums?
10 x 2 drums hit he backing dust plates before the axles.

Yeah, you have to use A body drums with them. B body axles have a differant offset to them.

Moser changes about $75 to redrill. I dont know if thats each or a pair.

Moser gets $65 to redrill the drums i was just with them plus your shipping them.

just been with them on new axels for the dart.

bill

FWIW, if the drums still register on the center hub of your new axles the drilling for the 4.5" bolt pattern does not have to be super accurate. If you look at most drums there is quite a bit of clearance between the hole in the drum and the stud. You could pick up a wheel spacer at the local wheel store and use it as a drill jig.

If the center hub does not accurate register the drum then you will need to have some on that can accurately position the holes so the drum will register off the studs.

what dgc333 said for about 12-13 bucks as all the spacers i have are for 4.5-5" anyway and pop 1/2 holes in the drum at a local shop.

bill

-
Back