Reliving the teenage years.

-

dartjack

Reaction score
My first practical "dream car" was the 68 Dart GTS 383 4 speed. Unfortunately it has always remained a dream. I am now looking for that dream to come true. Maybe a different year and motor but still a Dart. I haven't bought anything yet. I guess that makes me a "bench (Dart) racer".
I do have my eye on a Dart project car. I'm going to wrap my intro in with a question or two. First, there is a 75 Dart /6 auto in town that I have my eye on. Basic Dart,no air or power options. It seems to be very solid and is straight,decent interior, bench seat of course and seems to have been well kept. The lady who owns it now said it belonged to her mother, now deceased. She, present owner, looks to be in her late 60's. What would be a good price for it? Second, would it be worth more as an original or as a 383/440 clone car.The seat of my pants says clone but I would rather preserve a car than cut and paste ruining the as produced state. I have the parts to put in a 383/440 other than mounts and headers. Mini tubs and spring relocating are no problem as I have access to all the equipment and know how to do the job. I'm also ASE certified in eleven catagories.

Thanks for reading and input forthcoming.
Jack

Not a big demand for 75 Darts with slant 6s. I say offer here $1000 and start cutting.

:toothy7:

Its going to be how how bad you want it, and how bad she wants to get ride of it. If its rust free and in good cond. take some cash over a see if she bites. as for clone or orig. its your ride do what you want with it and have fun.

welcome and I agree with both of the above statements. but in my neck of the woods, even 1000 would be too much. I say hold onto your money and keep looking. It may take alittle longer. But i'm sure you can do beter then a stocker with a bench and nothing else for that kind of money. Have you looked on www.moparts.com and such?

here...

1963 DART
2dr, 6cyl, runs great, 3spd on column, needs trans work, $975 Catskill, NY (845) 706-4778

1968 DART
project hot rod, new mtr, trans, gears, solid body, very fast, street legal, many extras incl, $6000 Ballston Lake, NY (518) 588-9801
ASDPZ05A00001.jpg

this one is more then 1000 of course, but I think it's a good deal! and it's right down the road from me if anyone wants me to go look at it for them.

Thanks for the input guys. Cross your fingers. If all goes as planned the Dart will be mine at 9:00am wednesday. I've waited 37 years to own one but 12 1/2 more hours are going to be the longest ones.

Jackie

Good luck. I bought my sons 72 Dart in 1997 and wanted a 70 as I love the 70 Swinger 340 Dart with the dual scoops and the bumblebee stripe. So we just made our own clone but dropped a 383 in it. I sold it to my son last year and now it has a 400 but I say yes make it the way you want. Its hard to find what you want and can cost to much. I like to make mine look stock as I love the factory muscle car look. I hope you get it. Ron

Welcome. Hellofadart said it best, its your dream, make it the way YOU want it.

Untitled 2.jpg

Good news! Made the purchase, it's home and it runs. Needs a gas tank. Now to gather the goodies for an "extreme makeover".

Thanks again,
Jackie

-
Back